This video is a fun doodling / sketching exercise that will take you just 10 minutes to compete - the alphabet warm up!
Tools and Materials
- A sketchbook or piece of paper
- A pencil or pen
- Write the letter A on a piece of paper.
Next to this doodle a small object or item beginning with A. Take just a few seconds.
- Now write the letter B on your paper somewhere and again sketch or doodle something beginning with B.
- Continue across the page working quickly and creating small sketches until you reach Z.
- Try to keep this to under 10 minutes to warm up your hands, brain and drawing skills - Keep each sketch very small and loose
- Try not to think too much
- draw the first thing that comes into your head, however random.
- If you can't think of anything for a letter, skip it and come back to it.
- Your sketches can be in neat rows or all over the page like I have done.
- This is a warm-up exercise so the sketches will be rough and ready
- please don't worry about the end result and there is no pressure to share this if you don't want to.
In my own experience I found I got quicker as the exercise went on, some letters I knew exactly what to draw and others my mind went blank and I had to come back to it!
To find out more about the Inspire membership go to: