For this first tutorial we are going to explore a simple but very effective warm-up exercise. Please watch the video to see the explanation and demonstration.
You will need:
- A piece of paper (or sketchbook)
- A pen (or pencil)
Now that you have watched the video it’s your turn!
- Take a piece of paper and a pen (or pencil).
- Choose a simple shape to work with
- a square, circle, rectangle or triangle
- Start drawing the shapes on your paper.
- Fill the shapes in 1 by 1.
- Take just 5 minutes to fill in all 30 shapes! Perhaps try this a few time and see what happens
- or use it as a regular creative exercise! Have fun
This exercise is features in the book Sketchbook Challenge: 100 Prompts for Daily Drawing by Susan Yeates.