In this episode Susan discusses Creative Burnout - what it is and ways you can deal with it and get back to creating. This is an essential episode to listen to if you are feeling that feeling of tiredness, artist's block or general funk in your creative activities. Susan discusses all about filling your cup so the creativity can flow freely again!
Points discussed throughout the episode include:
- Creative burnout is totally normal
- Don't be too hard on yourself
- Stop the creative work if you notice burnout
- Take a break (either from creative work or an actual physical break away)
- Go somewhere new
- Do something different
- Try healing techniques such as meditation or yoga
- Do things that make you happy
- If it is a deeper / true breakdown seek help (take a look at Mind's website)
- Get some sleep!
- When getting back to creative work start small
- Build some of these techniques into your routine to help to fill your cup!
Quotes mentioned in the podcast:
“If you get tired, learn to rest, not to quit.” - Banksy
“A moment of self-compassion can change your entire day. A string of such moments can change the course of your life.” - Christopher K. Germer
To listen to the podcast please click below or visit Anchor.FM.
If you have enjoyed this podcast you can support me on KoFi.
About Creativity Talks
Creativity Talks is a weekly podcast with artist, author and creative entrepreneur, Susan Yeates. Each week the show dives deep into the world of creativity and Susan’s fundamental belief that everyone is creative. Each week through mindset talks, listener questions and guest interviews Susan will help to inspire you and build creativity into your daily life. Topics include: how to find your style, fear of the blank page, how to start a regular creative practice, staying motivated to create, sources of inspiration and how to make a business out of something you love.