** The Sketchbook Challenge Pocket Journal 2023 **
That's right, this 40-page motivational notebook is back again for 2023 and here to help you to set your creative goals for the year ahead.
The Sketchbook Challenge pocket journal will help you to fill your sketchbooks with ideas, doodles and drawings. This journal is the perfect accompaniment to anyone wanting to develop their sketching practice and really boost their creativity over the course of 12 months.
This journal is A5 in size and printed onto recycled paper. It is designed by artist Susan Yeates (featuring sketches from her own sketchbooks) and PACKED full of inspiration and ideas for filling your sketchbooks.
It's time to be inspired... this journal is:
- A place to plan your creative goals for 2023
- A way to understand what inspires you and motivates you to create
- A notebook for all your best creative ideas
- A way to track your sketching progress (sketching trackers included!) over 12 months
- Full of sketching themes, drawing exercises, mini challenges and sketchbook warm-ups
- A place to list materials to buy, books to read and artists to research
- A unique way to boost your sketching practice in 2023
Make 2023 your best year yet with the Sketchbook Challenge Pocket Journal
How to Use this Journal
This pocket journal is a portable accompaniment to your sketchbook(s) throughout 2023. It is designed to be used, written in and scribbled on. I would start by taking a browse through all 40 pages to familiarise yourself with the content. There are a number of pages aimed at helping you to plan out 2023 - set goals, decide on topics, and work out exactly what motivates and excites you about your sketching. This will set your year up in the best possible way and I recommend taking some time out at the start of the year (or December 2022) to work through this fully.
There is a full 12-month calendar to pop in a little annual planning and then the exciting stuff happens - the monthly spreads. For each month there is a page of Goals and Planning and a page of Ideas and Inspiration. I recommend opening these monthly pages at the beginning of every month to get the most out of the journal. Use the page to plan your top priorities for every month, use the sketching trackers to see how frequently you are sketching plus use the ideas provided to work from.
You will find sketchbook warm-ups and exercises, mini-challenges, monthly themes and more. At the end of the journal there are a few pages for lists, notes and an end-of year reflection. This journal may only be 40 pages long but it sure packs a punch. Keep it with you at all times to refer back to, to use for inspiration and to record ideas and notes as they occur to you.
Note: If you ordered the Sketchbook Challenge Journal last year, the pages will be very similar in layout BUT the challenges and monthly themes will be different. We have also selected a better quality paper and will not be risoprinting after feedback from last year's journal print quality.
- Printed in the UK
- Cover printed onto 250gsm Revive Offset recycled paper
- A5 portrait size (144mm x 206mm)
- 40 pages long (PACKED FULL OF CONTENT)
- 100gsm Revive Offset recycled paper inside - perfect and smooth for you to write on
- 'Exercise book' style with stapled binding
- This is a totally UNIQUE journal product designed in the UK by artist, author (of Sketchbook Challenge, the book) and host of the annual #30daysketchbookchallenge Susan Yeates.
Note: The photographs here show the prototype of the 2023 journal and images of the insides from the 2022 journal.
Join the community by using the hashtag #sketchbookchallengejournal
The journals will be posted out via Royal Mail first class post within 1-3 days of ordering. International postage available.